Crashes

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
RafiRomero

Re: Crashes

Post by RafiRomero » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 am

Do we feel like Air Elemental is the problem? This has been discussed by various players with me.
I can make the game crash by summoning one, then clicking the info button, then right-clicking back to the battle.
Is anyone getting crashes where there are no air elementals?

Meteor shower also seems to be causing problems, although I don't know if it is crashing anything.

gary
DEMIGOD

Post by gary » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:00 pm

another

an AE had just died if that means anything
Attachments
2017-08-14_092906.zip
(59.15 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
R Tape loading error, 0:1

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Could well be AE related, happened to me in stream. AE died and then boom:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166910387

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Ahh yeah the AE death animation has been buggy/laggy for a long time now. There are a bunch of archived reports about the laggy death animation (Air Elemental FPS drops) .. It wasn't fixed (or rather it seemed to be partially fixed in one version but it came back permanently again).

If dying AE's are the biggest culprit in these crashes fixing its death animation could be the key.

..and Just to throw another spanner in the works here, one of my crashes happened during a hound firing a paralyze stare animation, just as the paralyze 'dart' left the hounds eyes, boom, the screen froze..

..Seemed like a one off though, it hasn't happened since (hmm maybe it's target was an AE though, I can't recall, but if it was, perhaps the paralyze would have frozen the AE's idle animation, thus causing a crash).

Incarnadine

Post by Incarnadine » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:11 pm

How bad are people finding the game for crashes at the moment?

I can barely get through some asynchs at all they crash over and over again any games with air elementals in them are not working well my screen freezes goes white and i have to close the program. it is very annoying.
PRETENAMA

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:24 pm

It does seem like most of the new issues are happening in asyncs ..and in realms to (which, like asyncs, also uses servers to save and store turn information).

CGR
SNAPSHOT DEV

Post by CGR » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:36 pm

There seems to be a problem that we can now replicate with the way our version of Unity handles the elemental's "cloth simulation". We're working on a fix.

blobka
DEMIGOD

Post by blobka » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Sorry, Rafi, but, I used to add at first but then realized it's dated from March and deleted. Now it happens as like: -app did not respond, close the app? so any actual crashing here, so no logs, I guess. And yes, elemental is present in every occasion, sometimes is ok, sometimes - that above happens.
Last edited by blobka on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Gary We Trust

Incarnadine

Post by Incarnadine » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 am

I am in 80 or 90 asynchs i can barely take a turn in the ones with air elementals with out the game freezing. i then have to shut it down and log back in, it is ruining the game and theres some weird stuff happening with meteor strike too. i dont see it enough to see exactly what.

Please guys fix this stuff i know we had to wait for months and months for this update but if snapshot arent willing to dedicate the resources to fixing the things they put wrong they should just stop changing the game.

in previous updates if there were bugs that seriously affected game play they would be dealt with fast.

im stuck playing the buggy asynchs as if i leave them ill lose them. but now i cant even join or invade realm battles because when the air elemental is cast i freeze and have to log out and ruin the game for others.

Please fix the bugs and while its too late for this version i would ask snapshot if you are concentrating on other projects and dont have the time to quickly respond when things go wrong leave well enough alone and stop tinkering with the game.

Thanks - Rant over.
PRETENAMA

gary
DEMIGOD

Post by gary » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 am

I had another crash last night

If you want i can up the bug report
R Tape loading error, 0:1