Duel rank and scoring

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:00 am

• Last week only 1 person was awarded a medal. Please see the Duel competition results.

Also, currently, a player has 3 wins and 3 losses but is being ranked with a 3.0. instead of the actual score: 0. Guessing he lost the first 3 and won the next 3 and since no negatives are being handed out the first 3 losses register as 0.

Same for me, I lost the first and won the next 3, and have a 3.0 instead of a 2.0

So, negatives need to be implemented somehow.

thanks
    Aka
    Aka

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 am

• I suspect last weeks medals were victims of the hotfix patch.

Also, I'm not convinced one way or another as to whether having a rating floor of 0 is a bad thing. It does reward players who have had the most recent hot streak. Also, a negative rating is, well, very negative. Might actually decrease participation by players who have had a bad run... or else who been mismatched by a top player in repeated duels.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:01 am

• You need to have a rating of 10 or above to qualify for a medal.

You're correct about the way 3 wins, 3 losses can equal a score of 3. We originally allowed the rating to be negative, but decided it would be more encouraging to cap the minimum value to zero.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:10 am

• CGR wrote:You need to have a rating of 10 or above to qualify for a medal.

Might need to incorporate that in to the UI somehow. E.g., either don't allow peeps to show up on the leaderboard until this is met, or else note that somehow.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:34 am

• I've added it to our database of enhancements.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:14 pm

• Ok, cool, CGR, thanks.
    Aka

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:09 pm

• An idea solution would be to show a full leaderboard of top ranking players (say 10), and then also show the player's own ranking, with maybe the person immediately above and below them (assuming they're not in the top 10).

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:48 pm

• I actually favor only seeing the top 3 other players + me. Too much more would actually stress me out. Irrational, I know. But that's people. And I'm a people.

Though if there is an impetus to have a bigger leaderboard, then let's make sure we have enough, regular leaders for a while before taking that step. Would be a shame having a leaderboard with 10 slots but only 4 participants.

NoWorries
    GOD

Return to Bug Reports

Information