Mac Game Crash on Startup

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:48 pm

• hey CGR:

On Discord, CGR wrote: @Aka, I run the game daily on a 2009-era MacBook without any problems (and on several PCs:). Can you give any more information? I can help you find the game logs if you need help. Does it happen if you view the video (I love the video, but it is tedious sitting through it every time:)? Is it anything to do with Steam Overlay (total shot in the dark)

If you point me at the game logs, I'll send them to you. I always skip the video, so not sure if that is affecting things. Would be nice to someday have a pref setting that shut that off, anyway, as I imagine it slows the loading down. No clue about whether Steam Overlay is botching things up, either.

thanks.
    Aka

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:45 am

• In finder, open your "library" folder (hold down left alt (sometimes labelled "frying pan") and click "Go" from finder menu, then click "Library");
    Navigate to "Logs/Unity"
    You should see "Player.log"

I think that is worth having.

Then also in the library folder, there is:
    "Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/ChaosReborn"
    If the game is producing crash logs, they may be in a sub-folder (witha date/timestamp filename) of this ChaosReborn folder, e.g., on Windows, I can see a "2017-08-14_123410" folder.

You can mail them to me at:
    chaosgonerogue@gmail.com
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Return to Bug Reports

Information