Current Version - Objectives bugs in Custom Game

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.

• anjovi wrote:
    I would have personally kept the use creature objective as a '100% cast chance' of creature in the deck. This would have been far cleaner than just starting a match with the said creature. Allows for more bluffing as you could choose to then cast a regular chance cast card of the creature and keep your opponents guessing which is which.

I think it would be better all round if your opponent didn't know which creature you were trying to kill them with. With the current system all you need to do is target whatever creature starts on the maps with a magic attack and it's potentially game over on turn 1.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:I think it would be better all round if your opponent didn't know which creature you were trying to kill them with. With the current system all you need to do is target whatever creature starts on the maps with a magic attack and it's potentially game over on turn 1.

Exactly what I was thinking about the other day, strong argument! :geek:
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

• Hi,
    I believe that the problem is "just" with the objective text while in the battle.
    I tried bolting opponent 1, and meleeing opponent 2, and I was given the victory.

As blobka suggests, if you still have bolt in your hand/deck after the first bolt-kill, the objective text will still say you can win.
    RafiRomero

• RafiRomero wrote:Hi,
    I believe that the problem is "just" with the objective text while in the battle.
    I tried bolting opponent 1, and meleeing opponent 2, and I was given the victory.

As blobka suggests, if you still have bolt in your hand/deck after the first bolt-kill, the objective text will still say you can win.

Then how would explain my problem from the first part?

I did bolt my opponent but the objective stated it was a fail.
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

• I think this objective system could do with a rework. Things i'd possibly change:

1)Add 'Team use spell' or 'Team use talisman' as alternative objective types. You select the objective and it gets applied across all of the other players of the same team.
    2)Make completed objectives finish the match as opposed to being a mandatory side objective to 'kill all other wizards'
    3)Make objectives stackable like taboos
    4)Have an objective category that contains objectives from all categories so that you can stack objectives from different categories.

For now i'd probably use the OR logic for simple objectives so ex.
    Blobka (Team A) - objective - use bolt
    Gryth (Team A)- objective - use sword
    Gary (Team B)- objective - use bolt
    Spite (Team C) - objective - use elf

If Blobka bolts someone, their team wins.
    If Gryth swords anyone, their team wins
    If gary shoots a bolt and gets someone, he wins
    If Spite uses elf to kill someone, he wins
    anjovi

• Ideally you want to be able to choose wherher the game continues or not.

Same for OR and AND, ideally you should be able to set it either way.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:Ideally you want to be able to choose wherher the game continues or not.

Same for OR and AND, ideally you should be able to set it either way.

That might cause problems:

Blobka (Team A) - objective - use bolt
    Gryth (Team A)- objective - use sword
    Gary (Team B)- objective - use bolt
    Spite (Team C) - objective - use elf

if you use AND then the following might happen

Blobka bolts someone. Objective Achieved.
    AND
    Gryth swords anyone. Objective Achieved.
    AND
    Gary shoots a bolt and gets someone. Objective Achieved.
    AND
    Spite uses elf to kill someone.Objective Achieved.

meaning all four must win in order for the game to finish

The OR would work as I assume it meant to

Blobka bolts someone. Objective Achieved. - Game Ends
    Grythandril

• Although it'd be cool to have OR and AND logic, I don't think the GUI will be changed to accomodate it. So with that said, I think the simplicity of the OR logic would provide a more straight forward game. I'm assuming that objectives might get a little too complicated given all of the variables already in the game.

Just simply having multiple paths to victory (with OR logic) would be far more gain then increasing the difficulty to win with multiple objectives (AND)

It could also possibly help in adding the ability to stack objectives like you cna taboos so:
    Player one: Use Sword, Use Bow, Use Paladin
    Would give the player multiple means to win, which might be more interesting then having to hold onto an elf card until the end of the game.

Suppose from here, it'd be a matter of working out how to deal with multiple team members. Should both team members be killed by objective spells? or just end the game after 1?

What you could possibly do is add a survive till end mechanism, that restricts the ways in which you can be killed. say....
    survive till end -> without elf could be a means of saying that you'd win if killed by elf, as it'd be impossible to kill you with an elf if you're already dead. Perhaps this could appear in other player's gui in some way (in objectives you could see:
    (Spite's Objectives:)
    -Use Bow spell
    Grythandil - KILL WITH ELF!!!!

This could imply (to Spite in this example) that you could win if you killed any player other then Grythandril with a bow, Ideally, you'd have to have a team member who wasn't restricted by a spell objective, so that they could kill grythandril using an elf.

All said, I think if we were limited to OR or AND, I'd prefer OR, as it'd make it easier to make a larger variety of game setups. The uncertainty of decks and RNG in chaos already kind of chafes with having excessive restrictions with objectives. Having OR to set multiple winning paths could lead to more interesting matches.
    anjovi

• FURTHER UPDATES on this objectives.

First game with 4 players with objectives.

Blobka to kill with bolt
    Gary to survive at end
    Tiger to survive at end
    Grythandril to kill with bolt

Gary killed Tiger with dragon
    But Grythandril killed Gary with bolt and states: OBJECTIVE FAILED: kill enemy wizard with Magic Bolt.
    Blobka killed Grythandril with bolt and states: OBJECTIVE FAILED: kill enemy wizard with Magic Bolt.
    Grythandril

• So Blobka and I tested other objectives

We tried to kill a enemy wizard with an elf or a rat pack with rewards.

Now the Taboo works and the rewards also works if you win.

In addition you get an extra single creature on the battle maps so in our case I got a single rat and Blobka got a single Elf.

However when the wizard is killed by the creature the Objective still remains in white and did not indicate the objective has been achieved other than the Victory message.

So well tested other objectives like kill with a magic sword or death by illusion creature/eagle.

But this time no taboos or rewards were created.

I was equipped with magic sword while Blobka had an illusion eagle at the start.

again we both tested the objectives and the results of the Objective still remained in white and did not indicate where the objective has been achieved other than Victory message in box.

This objective need to be fixed otherwise it become pointless to use

thanks
    Grythandril

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports

Information