Current Version - Objectives bugs in Custom Game

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.

• Blobka who hosted the game with Gary and Myself

Taboo: No structures
    Win: Forge Crystals

Blobka: Objective - Use Magic Bolt to Kill Enemy wizard

Grythandril: Objective - Use Magic Bolt to Kill Enemy Wizard

Gary: Objective - Defeat all Enemy Wizards

From the screen shot I killed Blobka with a Magic Bolt

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 54F1E41A9/

But it states that the Objective Failed

I think this is a serious bug

does that mean custom games like these don't work properly?
    Last edited by Grythandril on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:40 pm

• Further tests on game indicated that when Blobka killed creature with a magic bolt the objectives turn red as a failure

but after I bolted Gary's unicorn my objectives were still active.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... F6C78F68A/

Please investigate
    Grythandril

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:16 pm

• I think it's because you still had Magic Bolt in your deck, that's why.
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

• As we were envision this, game should have ended soon after the enemy wizard got bolted. Also in this case Magic Bolt hit chance must be 100% to wizard. Okay now when I'm thinking about, I see there are many underwater stones. It just can't be as it is in tutorial as the deck is arranged manually in those :?
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

• Why doesn't the fulfilled objective just end the game?
    If:
    Blobka (Objective to bolt Gary) manages to bolt Gary...shouldn't that just end the game with a "Blobka Wins!"?

As of now it seems that you have to fulfill the objective and THEN survive until the game is finished. I think it'd be far simpler just to make the objective an end all and just leave it at that.
    anjovi

• Yes it's how it is, or may be, but, okay another spell, let's take Elf, so can you imagine how hard to achieve this in comparison to other player(s). So it only would work if all players having such objectives. I don't know it seems as we were the few who actually tried to test this stuff and play around so far.
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

• The problem is the custom objectives in custom games are limited to Demi Gods or higher so only a few players can test this.

This should be have been tested by all players during the testing phase to iron out the bugs.

A wasted opportunity

:(
    Grythandril

• yeah, regarding testing, I generally just had a spurt of matches vs AI to test out how they worked...I found the objectives a little redundant, though the taboos (that you can stack!) were just awesome.

I would have personally kept the use creature objective as a '100% cast chance' of creature in the deck. This would have been far cleaner than just starting a match with the said creature. Allows for more bluffing as you could choose to then cast a regular chance cast card of the creature and keep your opponents guessing which is which.

I would have allowed for stacking of objectives, similar as you do to taboos, so that you can give players more interesting scenarios. (ie. instead of just bow, give the player the ability to use a bow or a sword to win)

Using traits as objective paramaters would have been great to (to allow for more open endedness in reaching objective)
    anjovi

Next

Return to Bug Reports

Information