No spells due to taboo setting

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:37 pm

• While trying out the Taboo settings

I discovered you can have no spells at the start due to the following taboo setting:

Taboo: Law Spells + Non Law Spells

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... DD2ACD414/

All you have is disbelieve and your megaspell for classic chaos

Not sure f this is intentional or an oversight bug
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:26 am

• Sounds like it could allow for a weird equipped match with pre-selected megaspells only. If equipping a spell- binding talisman allows one to bypass that limit (Does it?) it would also allow for matches with only specific spells allowed, I think?

as you can see I don't know much about the taboo system, but sounds to me like every weird combination of taboos could be useful for a specific kind of unusual match, even one without spells
    clef

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:33 am

• It is by design, although I'm not sure I'd want to play that game:)
    It might make a little sense on a map with a decent number of sprites (so it would work out as megaspell only, and the mega would be sprite-powered).
    By the time you get to demigod (a requirement to create custom games), it is hoped that you are familiar enough with taboos to know what you're getting when you create a match.
    RafiRomero

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:36 pm

• It'd be curious to see what it'd be like if taboos could prohibit mega spells from being generated. Might make them more consequential in general. Thinking something like a fading of the mega spell icon on the staff.
    anjovi

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:29 pm

• RafiRomero wrote:It is by design, although I'm not sure I'd want to play that game:)
    It might make a little sense on a map with a decent number of sprites (so it would work out as megaspell only, and the mega would be sprite-powered).

I was under the impression that you could only select 1 taboo per wizard by design

but now you can select multiple taboos from 1 to 23 for each wizard.

While this leads to more interesting scenarios it does question the fact you can cancel one taboo with another, hence the example mentioned.
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 pm

• Sounds brutal! I'm in!!!!
    ustolemytiger

Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:44 pm

• They don't really cancel each other out as they stack on one another.
    ex. Non-Chaos spells taboo + non-creature taboo + Flying creature taboo = only land based chaos creatures

Imo, this is one of the coolest additions to the game as it allows a good amount of customization while keeping to the spirit of the game. If you could only stack spell objectives in a similar manner (ex. use spell ---> magic sword + magic bow = use either bow or sword) I think you'd have the game set (even if you removed all of the other objective types and left it to spells, i think you'd have a robust enough system to make a variety of custom matchups, as you could easily taboo the spells you don't want players to use)

But if there was a way to liberally stack spells that you can use to win, similar to how you can do taboos, as well as made it an option for asyncs to have these custom rules, you'd probably have a bigger draw towards all the work you've put into it thus far.

All that would need to be tweaked imo is that once you set more then 1 spell to be used, you just remove the obligatory starting creature.
    anjovi

Return to Bug Reports

Information