If you have networking problems or connection issues

Report any bugs you find here. Include the steps for reproducing it if you can, and the version number.

• shpek wrote:Chaos Reborn client uses one TCP connection to the server's port 80. It doesn't use UDP so no need to configure your router to play. It doesn't open ports on the client's machine so there's no need for enabling ports on your personal firewall or configure port forwarding.

However antivirus and firewall software can disable the outgoing connection so you need to make sure that ChaosRebornWin32.exe / ChaosRebornWin64.exe is not blacklisted in them.

Some ISPs and routers are filtering the HTTP trafic that goes through them (and some of them are just injecting stuff in the HTTP responses) so the Chaos Server also listens for connections on port 8001. If you have connection problems yo can try to use this port. To do this when your connection fails on the login screen you should hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard and while holding it you should click the "CONNECT TO SERVER" button. The "Connecting..." label will change to "Alt Connecting" and your client will start using the alternative port.

If you still have connection problems you may contact me at customer.support1@snapshotgames.com
    worto03

• ***SOLVED***

For me anyway.

The problem i had was that my anti virus software (Clam sentinel) prevented the installation of the .exe file required for online play. I was able to play the tutorial and offline modes (i didnt actually try launching an offline / skirmish match but i was offered the lobby so im assuming that would have been possible)

Solution :

Deactivate antivirus and run a file check by going to the steam library right clicking chaos reborn then properties > local files > verify intergrity of game files.

1 File found and updated

Reactivate anti virus and enjoy game.

Hope this helps, i realise now that this is very similar to the advise already given and maybe im just saying the same thing a different way.

Guffrus
    Guffrus

Return to Bug Reports

Information