Did someone mention Elite?

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
PhilStormBorn

Did someone mention Elite?

Post by PhilStormBorn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:00 pm

I seem to remember people with Elite style avatars and the Lave radio guys from the Kickstarter chat. Just wondered how many people in the CR forums will be playing Elite Dangerous?

I'm thinking there might be an opportunity to fly together for mutual benefit. Maybe be even guild together in CR as well.

NoWorries
GOD

Re: Did someone mention Elite?

Post by NoWorries » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:26 am

Reporting for duty, Commander.

ahMostyn

Post by ahMostyn » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Given the appeal of both of these games goes back a way I wondered how many here would also be playing ED. Given the nature of pretty much everyone I've met playing CR, I'm glad to see there'll be at least a few familiar 'faces'.

Commander a.h. Mostyn (Harmless - for a very long time if docking proves as difficult as it did when I was 12!).

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Another connection is Allen Stroud. He is writing the Chaos Reborn add-on novel, and he's working with Mr. Gollop to develop the lore of the game. Mr. Stroud just published an Elite book: https://www.fantasticbookspublishing.co ... lution-eb/.

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Commander Quack, hoping that docking actually exists in the final game. :mrgreen:
Image Ace of Spades
(my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
XBL | YT
2D or 3D artists, translators needed!

Dr D Wayne Love

Post by Dr D Wayne Love » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:33 pm

I think my PC will be able to run Elite Dangerous (in low settings!)
So I'd join a guild or something on here.

PhilStormBorn

Post by PhilStormBorn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:52 am

I think as we see the ED coop side develop we will find ways we can help each other. Maybe hit a small conflict together or trade in a convoy. So maybe we just keep this thread open and discuss ways to do that.

ATM there is no way to deliberately meet or chat in ED. Once there is I'd find it useful to meet up with someone and test the way ship heat and scanners work, for instance.

I'm playing the Beta so if there is anything anyone wants to know just ask. Docking is more involved that the classic, you don't just fly into the revolving letter box. You fly through it into the station interior and then find your assigned landing pad. You have to actually navigate an exit as well. I'd say it is easier in the small starting ships but I'd imagine they'll be a bit of scraping involved with anything larger.

SlipperyJim

Post by SlipperyJim » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:42 pm

SlipperyJim reporting for duty!

Mostly harmless.

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Fluke
DEMIGOD

Post by Fluke » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Yep, backed the kickstarter.

I thought I'd seen a certain SlipperyJim post on the ED forums :)

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:56 pm

PhilStormBorn wrote:I'm playing the Beta so if there is anything anyone wants to know just ask. Docking is more involved that the classic, you don't just fly into the revolving letter box. You fly through it into the station interior and then find your assigned landing pad. You have to actually navigate an exit as well. I'd say it is easier in the small starting ships but I'd imagine they'll be a bit of scraping involved with anything larger.
I don't think you understand what I meant by "hoping that docking actually exists in the final game".

My three-hour long docking ordeal involved:
- Requesting docking permission
- Re-requesting docking permission because it immediately timed out.
- Re-re-requesting docking permission etc.
- Finally getting docking permission, only for the game to change its mind and leaving me re-re-re-requesting docking permission.
- Finally getting stable docking permission, only for the game to change its mind about which bay I need to park in about 6927694924 before branding me as "loitering" and shooting me to death.
- Being shot to death randomly by the occasional idiot during re-re-re-re-requesting docking permission.
- Finally getting ready to park in a bay before the entire space station disappears.
- Repeating every single one of the above steps five times.
- Finally getting stable docking permission, confirmed bay, space station persists, game doesn't change its mind, make sure landing gear is deployed, go through the stupidly fiddly landing procedure and... nothing. The game just sat there for a few minutes, until my docking clearance ran out and I got shot to death by lasers.

At that point I gave up. So yeah, hoping that docking actually exists in the final game.
Image Ace of Spades
(my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
XBL | YT
2D or 3D artists, translators needed!